HybridZ

UTI and Me

Hitman47

Im going to UTI next semester and going to go to school for perf engeneering. Im hopefully going to recruit some friends i meet and get a hybridz company rolling. I mean order on demand hybridz`s. I want to eventually take say 101 shells made by some of the uti body guys and make a production car that looks almost the same as the 240z and then they could race in production classes :) with v8`s I want to use windsors with the 32valve heads and twin turbo`s ahhhh what a dream. But for real i am going to get some of my friends from there and we will have say 4 or 5 experts in performance body, engine/drivetrain and autocad and make some kick *** parts. What do you all think?

If you wanna go for performance and in particular Nascar, then UTI is your best bet. In particular their Mooresville NC location because there you actually work with Nascar teams. I think atleast 10 Nascar teams are based outta Moorseville, its called Race City USA and UTI down there is actually called NTI by the students for "Nascar" Technical Institute. You should PM Mike (ON3GO) I think he goes to UTI in Houston or one of those schools.

Theres a UTI in houston? awesome if i could stay in Texas!

uh...im not really into nascar at all, but im sure some of the same principles apply to hot roddin. good info so far, but the classes that im really into at wyotech are...

Chassis fab, and HI-PO engines

Collision/refinishing(mainly for the painting aspect, i could do a bitchen flame job, i dont know if this class ic right for me)

Street rod, and custom fab (a class called street rod, what more could you ask for)

and

Trim and Upholstery,

IM gonna look into uti tho.

Guest ON3GO

i went to UTI and still doing UTI for autobody now.. they dont offer peformance engineering.. and there hot rod classes are soo soooo bad.

its not a bad school but for the ideas you have UTI is not the answer. a engineering school is..

mike

I'm a graduate of AAI (Arizona Automotive Institute) here in Phoenix, AZ.

Any vocational school will only teach you the bare basics. After graduating and receiving my degree I thought I knew what I was doing until I started working for Mitsubishi. It wasn't until I started taking Mitsubishi factory training that I realized that schools teach too much theory and less about how to actually fix a car.

You need to take some heavy fab classes to do the kinds of things you're talking about.

DON'T even CONSIDER going to UTI because Z's are your hobby.