HybridZ

One step forward and two backwards!

Synlubes

After removal of some unnecessary mounting tabs, brackets and doing some removal/cleanup of the undercoating and gunk in the engine bay I think to myself, it sure would be nice to pressure wash the engine bay to clean things up a bit.

So I get my buddy’s pressure washer home and think to myself, that 20 foot piece of fencing (facing the street) sure could use some cleanup. So it gets cleaned and looks great. Now I see the brick on the front of the house and think, it sure would look better with a quick wash. So I start washing down the brick. This is looking great, as I take a break and look at the progress. So breaks over, I refill the washer with fuel and go for about 10 minutes and the engine on the washer stops abruptly. What’s up I think to my self? I had just done an oil change on this thing before I got started. Check the oil, its ok but the unit will not turn over. I remove the pump unit from the bottom of the motor so I can see which piece has the problem. With the pump unit removed I pull the cord on the engine, it spins over so thankfully it’s not the motor. The pump unit locked up! So, I never did get to clean the engine bay on the car and now I’ve got to find a replacement pump unit for his pressure washer.

So that’s how my weekend went. Just my luck! One step forward and two backwards! :bonk:

Sucks - same thing happend to my neighbor who borrowed a power washer from our neighbor - except the engine siezed.

:D sjhafa- Doug has no honey do list - one of the great things about being single, huh!?

I spent 4 hour painting about 10 square feet in the bathroom today. Somehow, I turned a simple job into a long one. Taxes didn't get done, Tires not rotated on the DD, garage still a horrible mess....