HybridZ

LT1 Install Progress

Screw the painless harness. Get a subscription to "ALL DATA ONLINE" for $25 and just follow the wiring diagrams. They even seperate the different sections of the engine harness into differnet wiring diagrams. Like they have the "ignition circuits" all on one diagram, "fuel circuits" on another, and the PCM pinouts even have the descptions of what they go to. Trust me its $25 well spent. Thats what I did with my "new" LT1 harness. I had a painless harness in my car that I bought from another member and it was a POS in my opinion. The O2 sensors werent even wired to the right banks! I was not impressed with it. Deleting the unwanted wiring from the harness does take time but it is very easy with a wiring diagram. I thought it was going to be much harder than it actually was.

Guy

Screw the painless harness. Get a subscription to "ALL DATA ONLINE" for $25 and just follow the wiring diagrams. They even seperate the different sections of the engine harness into differnet wiring diagrams. Like they have the "ignition circuits" all on one diagram' date=' "fuel circuits" on another, and the PCM pinouts even have the descptions of what they go to. Trust me its $25 well spent. Thats what I did with my "new" LT1 harness. I had a painless harness in my car that I bought from another member and it was a POS in my opinion. The O2 sensors werent even wired to the right banks! I was not impressed with it. Deleting the unwanted wiring from the harness does take time but it is very easy with a wiring diagram. I thought it was going to be much harder than it actually was.

Guy[/quote']

Guy,

I think that's a great idea:D . I remember seeing someone else post about "ALL DATA ONLINE" a while back. I was looking at getting a FSM, but this sounds like a better idea. I don't keep a computer around when I'm working on my car, but I could print out all the electrical diagrams that I need.

Worked more on the wiring on Saturday, but couldn't figure it all out. I gave Tim a call Saturday evening and he was gracious enough to fill in the gaps that were preventing me from getting her running. Based on the data I got from Tim I switched my fuel pump and completed correctly wiring the engine into my Datsun wiring harness. The first attempt to start her up on Easter Sunday brought my beast to life. If the open headers wasn't enough for my neighbors, I'm sure my shout of joy was.

Cheers to Tim and everyone here at HybridZ that helped me get my car where it is now:cheers:.

There's still a long way to go, but getting her started is a big milestone that I've really been looking forward to:D .

I remember the feeling!! Like a giddy schoolgirl......

great news, Bart. Shouldn't be too long until you test drive it....that another great feeling!

Let me know if you run into any more stumbling blocks.

Tim

Cheers to Tim and everyone here at HybridZ that helped me get my car where it is now:cheers:.

Bart,

Congratulations, your hard work paid off. Sorry I wasn't more help but there was no carburetor involved. But it looks like my visit didn't distract you enough to keep you from finishing the job. First drive isn't far off!!

Hanns

Bart' date='

Congratulations, your hard work paid off. Sorry I wasn't more help but there was no carburetor involved. But it looks like my visit didn't distract you enough to keep you from finishing the job. First drive isn't far off!!

Hanns[/quote']

Glad you were able to drop by, come back anytime. My daughter loved watching your DVD, and is asking me when I'm going to be racing:shock: .

BTW, I'm looking for a plug for the oil level sensor in the oil pan of my LT1. If anyone can be of any help, please let me know (it's not a standard NPT thread).