HybridZ

RB24 made for Philippines

Stealth-Z

Hey everyone,

I am in the Philippines right now and have stumbled upon another RB series motor. This one cames in thier Ciefro model. It is a single OHC setup.

I doing a bit more research while I am here. The local Nissan dealership quoted an oil pump at $260.00 US (part number 15010-79S06). Numerous other parts are available. I will be in the Philippines through March 7. So if anybody has some thoughts on this please let me know.

If possible, I will get bore and stroke info. This is kind of like an archeology find to me. A factory built RB24? It does exist. I saw the Nissan Factory part book.

• 2 years later...

Basically it is a RB25 block with an RB20 crank & rods. Pistons most likely have a different compression height. Never got a chance to tear into one.

This version of an RB24 seems better than the RB26 crank and rods into a RB20 block.

the RB24s comes w/ a double barrel downdraught carb :(. plus, eventhough they can only be found here in the philippines (so it seems). numbers are now starting to dwindle. its cheaper to swap in an RB20DET (even heard a rumor that if you know where to look, you can even get an RB26DETT w/ complete drivetrain for P70,000 = $1,400) or an SR20DET than overhauling an RB24s... most of them now are just being sold for scrap..

btw, i read somewhere that there's a twin carb version of the RB24s that was released in saudi arabia.. dunno if thats true though...

the RB24s comes w/ a double barrel downdraught carb :(. plus, eventhough they can only be found here in the philippines (so it seems). numbers are now starting to dwindle. its cheaper to swap in an RB20DET (even heard a rumor that if you know where to look, you can even get an RB26DETT w/ complete drivetrain for P70,000 = $1,400) or an SR20DET than overhauling an RB24s... most of them now are just being sold for scrap..

btw, i read somewhere that there's a twin carb version of the RB24s that was released in saudi arabia.. dunno if thats true though...

It was 2 years ago since I started this threat. At least we know people are searching the RB forum to revive it.

$1,400 or P70,000 for the RB26 drivetrain actually sounds about right for the area. Like everything else, you have to shop around.

I wonder if you can throw that carb manifold onto a RB25DET head :-D

there's a company called Rocky Road, i believe, in japan.

They carb all the RB's and they toss them into the the S30's and KPGC10's and 110's to boot, and sell them as a complete car!

Their inventory is quite awesome.. I tried linking the page but i forget the URL... anyone?!