HybridZ

MM inner CV race reversal instructions

sjhafa

Just received my Modern Motorsport companion flanges, (thanks Ross) I have been searching for the instructions on reversing the inner bearing races. I did not receive them from Ross. I have an email into him as well. Anyone here have a link or instructions I can copy....Thankzzzz !!72 240 and R200 from 84 300zxt.

Thanks I think I get the gist from that link. I believe I need to just turn the cage around and re assembly and my end caps just remain off. Been awhile since I have seen the halfshafts. Are those metal bands usable again or is it a one time use, once I remove them I have to replace them with something?

If you are using the Z31 Turbo axles, you should not have to remove the metal bands on the boot.

You can just turn the axle up on end, and tap the CV housing against the end of the axles . It doesn't take much to force the metal cover out. From there you can remove the cage and flip it around. On the Z31 axles, you remove the cage with the balls and center section (the one that has the splines) as a unit, and flip the whole thing over. You may have to use a puller or tap on the center section with a hammer and brass drift to get it off the axle. There is a C-Clip that retains it.

Upon reassembly, just make sure the C-Clip is completely seated so you don't shear it off. That is the trickiest part.

Good Luck,

Joshua

I know Ross has some instructions that someone wrote (probably in collaboration with him). I cannot find a copy though that he sent me a few months ago.