HybridZ

Update #3 on LS1 T56 & LT1 w/ QM Clutch

240Z-DET

These pics show the dual exhaust cutouts and two more bracing plates tig welded to the crossmember. These two plates will also have steel plates tig welded into the interior directly above them and will be bolted together. The good thing about the crossmember is that it will provide some degree of protection for the exhaust when going over speed bumps and other small obstacles.

8160240Z_T56_mount_9-med.jpg

8160240Z_T56_mount_11-med.jpg

No dont quote me on this but that cross member might be hanging lower than you think. I had a mount similar to that for my tranny mount and it hung way too low. My car is lowered about 1.5". Have you lowered the car to see what kind of ground clearance you will have? I dont know how much of a difference there is between a gen 1 body and gen 2 body as far as ground cleance. Just a heads up.

Looks great but I would check ground clearance before going any further.

Guy

With the coilovers set at a moderate height, I don't forsee any clearance issues. I also will be using 18" or 19" wheels which will increase the distance between the lowest point of the Z to the ground. The coilovers will lower the car back down a bit.

What should be noted here is that not only is this unit a crossmember, it also serves as a rigid chassis mount to reduce flex. I may not be able to slam the Z, but for what I give up height, I more than make up for it in overall strength especially when the cage is done.

Thanks though. Positive critiques keeps me on my toes.