HybridZ

Engine Builder DB

BillZ260

I know some guy's on here have mentioned before and I though I might try to get something started.

Desktop Dyno is a cool tool, but for me, really lacks in that it doesn't supply possible parts numbers for the engine you spent all your time putting together on there. It would be VERY simple to add this to their software, and seems almost stupid for them not to hook up with Jeg's or Summit or similar to offer a partial or complete package of parts for their ideal engine. Once you settle on a 'design', you go to a parts list tab and select from different brands / prices that would fit your wants and budget. Maybe there could be a description of say the differnce in pistons from one company to the next to make a bit more informed purchace.

This seems like a perfect scenario for all involved. Maybe I am missing something but this should have been done, at the very least 5-10, years ago.

I don't know much about changing desktop dyno or anything about the calc's that it runs on but I would be willing to help set up the tables of parts that would plug into the end results. I am currently 'decent' at developing in access and am moving to sql stuff soon. Just seems like a kick *** tool for the engine builder newbies.

Thoughts?