HybridZ

Found this turbo for sale,

EZ-E

Its supposed to be a 60-1 Garrett turbo, I cant tell just from looking at it and I cant find a Garrett site that will tell me what the model number is for that particular series turbo.

Can anyone give a heads up on this?

Second, would this be a good choice over the stock turbo for the ZX?

Thanks

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=10561

Images are in my gallery

well.. first off.. how much is it?

Looks like a T4 compressor housing.. so a T3/T04 :)

Also looks like it's not water-cooled but that doesn't matter anyway.. it would definatly be an increase from stock.. but what are you looking for??

the .70 a/r trim isn't the most efficient for your Z... but unless your building alot of horsepower.. i wouldn't worry about it

This is a 56 and .70 trim.. relatively close to yours...

GT35Rmap.gif

* 6500 rpm red line points for this compressor at all three level of boost are in the 72% to 79% efficiency region.

* 3250 rpm "knee" points for this compressor at all three level of boost are below the 65% efficiency region.

* When accelerating towards redline, the efficiency increases towards the maximum 79% area, thus performance is best full out.

* This compressor would certainly work better with more engine displacement as the horizontal lines would be more to the right

* It should be obvious that this compressor can handle even more boost and remain very efficient above the 20psi line. "It can grow with your need for more speed"

* Goldilocks says good for a turbo stroker.

This is a 50 trim turbo....

280z_flow_on_T04e51.gif

* 6500 rpm red line points for this compressor at all three level of boost are in the 75% +/- 1% efficiency region.

* 3250 rpm "knee" points for this compressor at all three level of boost are in the 74% +/- 1% efficiency region.

* When accelerating towards redline, the efficiency passes through the maximum 78% area, thus performance is ideal during this period.

* It should be obvious that this compressor can handle even more boost and remain very efficient above the 20psi line. "It can grow with your need for more speed"

* This compressor will give great performance compared to the stock T3-60.

* Goldilocks says "just right"

This means that a 50 trim T04e would be IDEAL.. and since yours is .48 that is very close..

So it should be "just right"