HybridZ

280Z28 Interior Upgrade Update #3

Phantom

Oh My God!!! The guy working on my interior is absolutely unbelievable! I stopped by his shop today to check progress and he has gone beyond even my wildest dreams. The spare tire well area has been covered in dynamat, a layer of foam insulation has been put down, and that is all being covered by custom fit black naugahyde so the entire underneath area of the deck will be totally finished! Several years ago I also had modified the deck board so that it hinged in front so I'd have access to the storage wells like you see on the 240Z's. I had framed the areas using wood - he's covered the wood in red leather. He has covered the part of deck board that hinges up in front with red leather so bare wood won't be showing onthe underside when lifted up.

I will post pictures of all this eventually but right now all I have are some rough, in progress, shots. I started getting a bit excited yesterday when I saw the car actually starting to go back together but I'm literally beside myself today with what he's been doing. Any of you guys in the DFW area definitely need to talk with him if you're planning any interior work. He is amazing!

Just thought I would mention that anyone else plannin on doing something similar to what Bill is doing, there is another product out there called fatmat that is just as good if not better than dynamat. Plus its a whole lot cheaper, you get 100 sq ft shipped for $130.00 and that comes with a roller and some other install items.

I have been disappointed that I won't be to the interior before we move from Harlingen back to DFW. I know a guy here that does good work for next to nothing. It sounds like I will have options in DFW. How expensive is your guy on labor etc. How does he bill his work? I hope it is not hourly. Sounds like your interior is going to be sweet!

Michael,

What he does is quote a "not to exceed" number of hours at a rate of $45/hr. If he goes under you only pay the number of hours he actually worked. If he goes over - he eats it. He also is a perfectionist and somewhat artistic so he has a tendency to provide more than contracted for - at his expense. I am high on him because he is very polite, thorough, and works hard to please his customers. I've dealt with a couple other interior shops around the area and he is clearly superior in his workmanship and integrity.

I got some photos of the seats themselves today and I'm going to load them up into my album tonight. They should be there by 8:00 PM CST.

Got the last of the necessary parts yesterday to renew all the seals, etc. and the back deck area will be pretty much done tomorrow. Then it will be the sound guy, the carpet, and the door panels.