HybridZ

Possible 7mgte swap any pointers?

Guest broke_280

Guest broke_280

I recently found a 88 Supra that someone was useing for a parts car. The engine and tranny is still in the car and run's good but the stock turbo is missing. Talking to the guy he said for about $250. I'd really like to do this swap and have searched on here. I just wanted to know if anybody that has already done this swap has a couple of pointers DO's/DON'T DO and how hard it is. I'm takeing some time off college so i've got lots of free time and access to good tools. Any advice would be greatly appreaciated

Hey Im the friend Clifton is speaking of, Clifton just dives right in and keeps telling me "Dont to be afraid!". And he's been right every time. He hauld a$$ in my opinion to get it done in 1 month. At first I thought great 1 month but then the wheels started turning and I figured, if the thing ran perfect as soon as I started it up then it would be real difficult to talk my wife into more mods to make it faster. So the modifications commenced. I agree with Clifton dont worry about the stock Turbo, Get a 60-1 t4 with an "O" trim exhaust housing. I can advise what I have done so far but I would rather wait a week or so (til I get it running) before I comment.

As for Cliftons car... Well let me say, in person and on line Clifton is very knowlegable, and extremely mild manored. Im more the excitable type. After the first ride in Cliftons car I was sold. Mind you the car probably made 325-350 RWHP at that time since that ride I have started my conversion and am taking quite a bit more time to get it done (my own analness and lots of other responsibilities and serious OT at work) but Clifton has added H2O/meth injection a huge intercooler, a t66 turbo, and continual tweeking with this and that and his car is OMFG jump up and down slaming your fists on your knees pointing at the car in maniacal laughter FAST!!! is it AWESOME.

Being that I have known Clifton for like 16+years he recently let me drive it again (probably like the 4th time or so) since the 7M swap and let me say the rate at wich you leave people rolling on from 65mph on up, is probably faster than most fast cars leave the rest of the grocery getters from a stop light. His car now makes very near 500 RWHP @ 24 PSI.

Clifton is very modest, his car is incredibly fast!!! And he's a smokin good driver and he has been an incredible help in making this happen for me.

Thanks Clifton!!!

DO get the 7m if you think you have the resources to complete the conversion, you wont regret it. 500 RWHP in a 2600lbs car is a blast.

Hell 350 hp from a motor as solid as the 7m-gte feels awesome. I will always be 1-3 steps behind Clifton but thats fine with me, he has been a great help in telling me what to avoid and where to save money and where it is best spent.

Andy Z