HybridZ

ANUS laptops and Nigerian scammers

auxilary

thats 1 way to clean out your closet.i got a check from some guys in the uae for $21000 for my $15000 boat.when they asked where the difference was(please wire the $6k back) i forworded them a webpage from a classic car website about the scam and told them even if the check was good they paid $21k for a boat.never heard back from them.too bad there wasnt some way to send them a virus for their computor.

• 5 months later...

Hey guys

Sorry for bringing up an old post but I figured this one belongs to the same type of overseas's scam.

This guy is selling a V8Z on Ebay and got a message from overseas. I found his reply diplomatic and funny, I thought I'd share this.

Cheers, Ari

Q: Hello Dear Sir. My father the ex King of Mambutu has come down with a terrible disease that can only be helped by the charity of others. He must have the auto you advertise. Our agent will pick this said vehicle up with cashieres check. Please inform of price. We already have come to find out that the car is a piece of rusted out junk with the worst example of the wrong engine in it. My father wants to roast marshmallows on it after removing the fuel and using it as the centerpiece for our campfire. Please inform. BTW what have you done to a perfectly good car other then ruining it? That's in the form of a question. Please answer the same way. Thank You.

Sep-18-05

A: What an amazing coincidence, as my mother was once the ex King's third concubine! Unfortunately, she met her end after refusing to honor his wishes involving a mule and several poolboys, but that is a story for another day. With regards to the vehicle, I would be happy to trade it to our mutual father for one of the family jewels, and seven coconut-bearing african swallows. I also have a numbers-matching 1969 Camaro, which I have converted to run on vegetable oil, and an original Shelby cobra, which now runs on electric motors. Both may burn well, for marshmallow roasting, or for cooking beer-can chicken, an american delicacy. Do you have another offer for me?