HybridZ

Pick up the 71 240z this weekend.

Hi guys

Well the time has finally come, after much homework and deliberation & negotiation a deal has been done & and the 240z is mine. I have a big road trip north with the trailer to bring back the zed this weekend, then let the RB30DET conversion begin!

I have also brought a complete VL holden commodore (with its RB30E engine & 5 speed) for $350 :-)

Still havnt got a RB25DE head for it yet (if any of you NZers have a spare give me a yell)

Planning on running a GT35R or GT3540 or similar puffer. Looking for 500hp+. So cant wait to get into this. This site has given me many tips and much enthusiasm, over the last couple of years, thank you all!!

How do i upload pictures? so i can keep you all posted as to my progress.

Cheers.

ahahhhh good to see another NZer' have you talked to rob at rips yet, i do know he isnt keen on giving out information yet on the rb30det as it is he "special" motor.

IF you are requiring a head check All nissan parts oh hutt park road, Seview. Not cheep tho.

Also look around on the SDu forums, http://forums.skylinesdownunder.co.nz and see what you can find also.

Hi there Stage

where abouts are you based? Yeah i have bounced a couple of e-mails off Rob @ RIPS, I thought he was pretty expensise for a standard internal RB30DET, so bugger it i'll have a crack at putting one together myself, have done a fair bit of reseach into the hybrid engine both on SDU & this site and i think i pretty much have it sorted.

The car i have brought has been a race car, i will be building it as a road registered race car, got to be a bit of fun!

In the past i have had race cars that have been trailered to the track, but this time i want a car that i can drive to an event (circuit or the odd drag meet) and scare a few people.

Whats your car Stage?

Cool, Where are you picking the car up from? Is there much of a difference between the rb20 and rb25 heads. rb20 might be a cheeper option if valve sizes are similar or if you have to do major head work anyway. It looks as though there are going to be a few fast zeds around. Might have to form a club and get in some track time.

Douglas

Is there much of a difference between the rb20 and rb25 heads. rb20 might be a cheeper option if valve sizes are similar or if you have to do major head work anyway.

The RB25DET non-VVT head is a straight bolt on, the VVT head need a little work, but an RB20DE head requires significant welding of the water ports in the head.