HybridZ

Air/Fuel Gauge

SHO-Z

Guest bastaad525

only problem is that 99% of people who are into cars like we here are into cars will agree that a/f ratio gauges like this one, that take their reading from regular one or three wire, narrow band O2 sensors, are nigh-on useless for truly and safely tuning a turbo setup...

If you really want to know what's going on you need a wideband O2 setup like one of these: http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zt2/zt2.htm

Guest bastaad525

but even for that they suck... a stock L28ET doesnt' like to idle at stoich... in my experience and that of others, these motors like to idle rich.

When I was tuning at the dyno, even at idle it ran about 12:1 AFR... I tried tuning it by tweaking the AFM, and also by tweaking the fuel pressure lower, and either way, any leaner than about 12.5:1 or so and the idle would start to roughen up pretty quickly, by 13:1 it was struggling, misfiring bad... I didn't go any leaner than that.

I know at least one other person here had a very similiar experience.

I dunno if they like to cruise at stoich but I know mine runs rich all the time and runs pretty smooth.