HybridZ

New garage and pics of car

zdmz

I have been building a garage over the last several weeks. It is going very well, just need to finish the electrical and paint. It is 30' by 36' - makes the car look really small when it is inside. I just finished staining the floor, it is a tan stain with epoxy coating on top. I think it turned out pretty darn good.

The car still does not run, it has the same electrical problems that I have not solved yet - one of these days it will be done.

Ok, so I'm trying to post pictures but can't seem to do it. My posting rules say I MAY NOT post attachments????? I guess if you want to see the pics you will have to do it the hard way and look in member pics.

Thanks for the comments.

I'm not sure if I will use copper or black pipe for the air lines - does'nt much matter right now because I don't have a compressor yet :( When I get one I am going to build a small room for it behind the garage.

I am also planning on insulating and sheet rock inside.

I have two 60 gallon verticals. The separate room is a good idea, although good oil lubed compressors aren't that loud. Try http://www.craigslist.org under "General For Sale" or "Tools". There should be one 'based' somewhere near you. It is a great way to find awesome deals for gently used stuff if you shop regularly. Otherise, if you have a Lowe's, their high end vertical unit is quite good.

Compressor recommendations are a whole othewr thread; but, I spent ALOT of time shopping around. I ended up with Ingersoll-Rand.

Excellent work space! Are you insulating/sheetrocking the walls? The air compressor closet behind the shop is a great idea. It will keep the noise down, and could also isolate any compressor spark hazard if you plan to paint in the shop.

I too spent a lot of time shopping around for my compressor, and also ended up with Ingersoll-Rand. I love it! The bigger the better.

Did you put a sub-panel off a house for power, or a new power feed? How much power do you have available. I highly recommending checking power requires before buying a compressor.

Nice Work!

Joshua

My brother has an Eason???? compressor and it is really nice - but - it cost $1500!! That is out of my reach. I am planning more around $800. His is supposed to be the quiet version but is still loud. So, mine is going behind the garage. I still have some learning to do before I make a purchase.

I don't have the electrical done yet but am planning on a 200 amp box that will be seperate from the house. I am thinking of doing three 220 lines - one for the compressor, one for the welder, and one for an oven to do powder coating.

That should be enough power. 3 220V lines also sounds like a good thing. I have two right now in my garage and get annoyed when I have to unplug my TIG to run my Plasma Cutter (Air Compressor takes up the other one full time).

Hopefully you are putting in 20A 110V circuits also, and not 15A. Definitely helps with a 110V MIG or chop saw.

Again, very nice!

Joshua