HybridZ

I wasn't afraid of bugs...

dot

that's all VW ... running a big bore kit ... possibly in the 2200cc range and a big turbo .. i'm sure the engine and trans are after market ...

there is so much after market speed equipment for the bug, it'd make your head spin. of sourse, like the hybrid z , much of if has to be hand crafted, modified, lovingly beat with a hammer to fit. and i can really appreciate the effort that goes into making things work. not everything comes out of a box, ready to bolt on.

i know a guy that is running a turbo bug, vw powered ( highly modified after market block, heads, ect. ) that runs in the nines on the 1/4 mi, and he drives it to vw meets.

i think he lives in stockton, saw him last year at kelly park here in san jose ca. he has the bug, his dad has a 10 second dune buggy, they both drove down from stockton. this sunday is the kelly park meet, i should see them there. though the kelly meet is mostly for stock restored vw's, the general audience crowd pleasers are usually the modified cars.

last year there more than one embarressed 5.0 mustang or camaro driver around the park, that chose to show off their muscle to the bug.

That is one of my future projects, after the Z and the Suburban. Yep, VW bug with turbo. They can be made to go VERY fast on the cheap (relative of course). Simple to work on, discounting fixing rust problems.

Nice video!

Joshua