HybridZ

Well I romped on it tonight (and beat something...)!

Guest the_dj

Guest the_dj

For the first time in 3 months. Just got my car running again last week after installing new heads! Man I missed it. :shock: I don't ever go WOT while one of my cars is apart because I don't want them to ever both be apart at the same time, so I really did go 3 months without gunning either of my cars.

On my way home from working on a report at my g/f's apartment to work on it more here at mine, and I came up on a Honda F4i on the otherwise empty highway. :twisted:

I downshift from 6th to 5th at 60mph and he downshifts too, but surely didn't take me seriously at that point. I shift from 5th to 3rd and rolllll into the throttle and hear that sweet sound that I've missed so much. :D

I went easy to start with until I heard him punch it, then I laid into it the rest of the way and it was ON. I didn't want to push things too hard so soon (200 miles on new heads) so I let off at 5500rpm in third instead of 6750. I POUNDED down a car and a half on him in that short third gear run. :shock: OMG that surprised me!!!!

He gave me a thumbs up afterwards too. I was surprised he didn't ignore me after that and I gave him a thumbs up back and a :D

Here's a pic of my babies. I was driving the one on the right at the time. :wink: Click for a bigger image.

tazapartmentsm.jpg

Here's a pic of the F4i too. :) Click for bigger image.

2005-hon-f4i-2.jpg

-Sam

Guest the_dj
Sweet! I like hearing stories like this.

So your still in school and you have a V8Z AND a TA? Some things in this world just ain't right :)

Congrats!

Haha, well, it's sure not easy. I do it by living minimally (cheap food, not many extras around the apartment, not even a TV). Plus, I'm a senior EE and I'm working at a research lab to cover the bills. The !wife and !kids mods make things a bit simpler. I'd say that the average car that the male electrical engineer drives is probably more expensive than both of mine put together, but I like mine and probably won't change them even after I gradumacate. :)

I'd say that the average car that the male electrical engineer drives is probably more expensive than both of mine put together, but I like mine and probably won't change them even after I gradumacate. :)

Your two vechicles are worth less than a 98 Toyota 2WD extra cab with frame damage? Wanna trade?