HybridZ

trans. ? for the z32

Guest Lil_mack_69

Guest Lil_mack_69

ok so i have a vg30dett and want to know if anybody knows if i can put a 6 speed in my car. i saw a post on a another site that u can put a 350 6speed trans in and it will bolt right to the engine but they didnt give any more info. so any ideas please help give all the info i need. thanks

ok so i have a vg30dett and want to know if anybody knows if i can put a 6 speed in my car. i saw a post on a another site that u can put a 350 6speed trans in and it will bolt right to the engine but they didnt give any more info. so any ideas please help give all the info i need. thanks

This is what you need to do it.... I have the biggest part in the pic if you need one, the other stuff you'll have to do some home work on.

If you want the perfect 2004 Z33 6 spd, send me a PM....

Z33_Tranny_In_Z32.jpg

Guest Lil_mack_69

do i need to change the diff. in the rear or can it stay the same? or wat other type of work needs to be done or is it a simple install??

Guest Lil_mack_69

well i did some more reserch and ppl said that the 350 trans wont bolt up and u have to replace the hole rear end. any ideas ???

• 2 weeks later...
well i did some more reserch and ppl said that the 350 trans wont bolt up and u have to replace the hole rear end. any ideas ???

The bolt pattern for the trans is different. An adapter would have to be made or purchased. I believe the eariler post mentioned that. I don't see why you would have to change the diff. I have a 350z trans working with a Rx-7 diff. With a custom driveshaft any trans can mate to any diff. Pretty much. Problem I ran into was the output spline on the 350z trans was not a standard size and no one had aftermarket slip yokes. At least not a year ago. Also 350z trans tend to have a 3rd gear grind. The one I bought had 527 miles on it and grinds horribly going into 3rd. Shifting up or down. I have a different 350z trans on my garage floor. But haven't had a chance to try it out. I hope it is better.

• 1 month later...
Guest Lil_mack_69

well im doen some thinking and i havent made my mind up yet. its just the thought of a hole extra gear of power hehe