HybridZ

UPS lost my tranny

mobythevan

looks like UPS lost my tranny. I got the box with the bellhousing, clutch, flywheel a few days ago, but the second box with the tranny hasn't shown up. The shipper is going to put a trace on it. The tracking sucks, for both boxes it only showed that is was picked up and then unloaded in the same state. That was it, no departure, no estimated arrival, squat. Anybody had to put a trace on a package before? What happens then.

Fed Ex has ALWAYS done better for me. UPS has screwed up about 50% of the shipments I've received or sent through them in one way or another. I'll call them up, and tell them to put a hold on a package so I can pick it up at their office. Doesn't work. Or the package ends up around the corner instead of at my office. Or they lose it for four weeks, then it magically shows up back at MY door. Or it gets drop kicked during shipment. Etc, etc, etc. I could write a book.

Although FedEx isn't perfect and is more expensive, they at least ACT like they care. Their customer service is way better than UPS's, IMHO.

Guest Anonymous

At a communications company I worked at we had a policy about shipping equipment. If it's important, has to be rushed or is particularly valuable, it was sent FedEx; otherwise it went UPS.

UPS lost my rear wing I had on the car. The MSA "California wing" I sold it, sent it to Kansas I think, it got damaged then lost, then they wanted me to pay for the return shipping, but it never made it back!

Buyer is out $60 for shipping, I'm out the wing.. The buyer and myself worked it out as best as we could... Never did see that wing again..

:mad:

UPS lost my rear wing I had on the car. The MSA "California wing" I sold it, sent it to Kansas I think, it got damaged then lost, then they wanted me to pay for the return shipping, but it never made it back!

Buyer is out $60 for shipping, I'm out the wing.. The buyer and myself worked it out as best as we could... Never did see that wing again..

:mad:

LOL, i work at UPS :rolleyes: . But before you all get the bats out bonk.gif:eek: , its not really the loaders (what i do) fault. When i started i was makin 8.50/hour, and loading around 1800 boxes into 2 thirty-foot semi-trailers...by myself. Now, with boxes up to and including 150lbs, averaging around 50lbs, 8.50 doesn't cover super great care of all 1800 boxes. Then add to that the sheer stupidity involved with some people's packaging (yes you DO need packing foam in with the Reese Hitch!!!) and some boxes just self destruct on their own.

As for things not always coming on time, or with things ordered at the same time. We (loaders) don't set the pace for getting boxes to load, so sometimes (quite often) we are a little rushed, so maybe a MI goes into a NY trailer, and oops...that'll take a few days to come back around. Plus, not all labels are scannable, so tracking might be an issue...(Tip: bar codes can't be read unless they lay flat and unobstructed; example: we get many that are wrapped around cylindrical packages, and therefore don't get scanned.)

I can't say for certain about theft. I work in the third largest Hub in the country (whoopty doo Toledo) so security might be a little better than the little rinky dink hubs, but the whole place is fenced in with barb wire, and there is one guard house everyone enters and leaves through, passing metal detectors on the way out (in too, but i don't think those ones are ever on).

Well anyway, my area gets 8500 packages for 10-12 people a night, the building as a whole gets around 140,000-170,000 A NIGHT :eek: , so sorry if not all of your guys' stuff is pristine. Oh yea, my area gets all of TireRack's stuff going to New England area, and OMG why do you need so many tires twak.gif ? NY,NJ,MA,ME,NH,CT,VT,RI get about 400 tires a night, and thats low since it started back in october when it was around 700!

Sorry so long lol. Just got off work, Midnight Shift, 10pm-4am. Hope this is informative i guess.