HybridZ

Anyone ever heard of a FireStorm sparkplug?

Mack

So, I stumbled across a sparkplug when I was researching another little thing called a hot vapor combustion engine and I started reading on this sparkplug. seems too good to be true and even the inventor is not sure exactly how it does what it does.

FireStrom sparkplug

he says its good for almost zero emissions without a catalytic converter, smog pump or any other smog crap, not to mention 44% better fuel economy, idles an engine at 250RPM and never has any gap growth. oh yeah, with this you can get more HP and torque running a 24:1 AFR with no ping or misfire. its a long read, but well worth it. dont know whether to beleive it or not, would like to get my hands on a set tho! ****, if people pay $15 to $20 iridium and platinum plugs, whats $10 for one of these?

heres a lil pic of it in action... FireStorm on left, regular plug on right.

lp.gif

on an interesting side note, this guy says he was partially responsible for the splitfire seeing the light of day and even he admits it was just a gimmick! he seems kind of honest on that note, lol!

Have you ever heard that old saying..."If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!!!" Think about it for a second. How do you suppose one would get more power from way less fuel........maybe via magic! To me, it's just another ploy on people's emotions. Then again, and I'm thinking of a line Tim used, go out and buy a set, put them in your engine, test drive for a week or two, and let us know how they pan out!!!

Guest tony78_280z
on an interesting side note, this guy says he was partially responsible for the splitfire seeing the light of day and even he admits it was just a gimmick! he seems kind of honest on that note, lol!
So if he lied then, what makes you think he is tellin the truth now?

and let us know how they pan out!!!
Ya, but be honest to us.

A quote from my machinist buddy, who is also an engine and combustion expert:

Total Bull$hit.....the reason the exhaust temperature goes down is because the peak firing pressure has moved closer to TDC....this guy is an idiot.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard with these plugs, you can run on water, turn water into gasoline, and with a mere flash of the spark, part raging rivers so you can cross safely in a storm. I am thinking, "wow this is the best thing since summit racing" but then I looked in my wallet and realized I blew my whole wad on my Edelbrock SBC swap. So I went out and bought $.59 Autilite plugs from Kragen. Oh well, I guess I'll never know for sure. But hey, let me plug his website a few hundred times on every forum I know anyway. :twak:

KRUPA: FireStorm spark plugs completely eliminate misfiring.

STANLEY: Is that the same thing as detonation?

KRUPA: Well, detonation would no longer exist because there is no detonation with this spark plug

Someone doesn't know what he's talking about...

STANLEY: Do the FireStorm plugs increase the torque as well as horsepower?

KRUPA: Of course.

STANLEY: Have you measured it?

KRUPA: Only on the road while driving my modified vehicles. We haven't put it on a dynamometer for that yet. But horsepower and torque go hand in hand essentially. They would have to go up equally, but the torque is always a lower number than horsepower.