HybridZ

IMSA 3 piece spoiler

Guest Grenade300

Guest Grenade300

First- I am trying to find if anybody still sells the old IMSA 3 piece spoiler. It is the spoiler that looks similar to the "BRE" spoiler, however it was a taller 3 piece version. MSA used to sell them, however it is no longer on their website.

Second- Do the doors on the 70-78 coupe Z-cars interchange. I know the vinal skins were different, but is that all.

Third- I wanted to know if there is an easy way of removing the black coating off the underside of the z-cars other than scraping for hours? I want to POR 15 or Rhino line the underside of my car.

Last, I think think that there were some differences in the in the bumpers that came on the '70-'73 240Z, are they interchangable between the different years of 240s without a problem?

Incase you can't tell, I am trying to scrounge parts up where I can. However, make no mistake about it, I am doing this car right, I just see no point in spending $$ upon $$ for parts I can get from a yard and refurbish.

Thanks for the help.

Grenade300

I have one that I did not install. I got the IMS 3 piece spoiler from West Wings. I am willing to let it go at a great price but you got to pay shipping.

If you are interested I taped it to the car as a test fit so I can send you a couple pics. I have had no success posting a pic here so send me a PM with your email address & I'll send you a pic.

Rusty

1st Someone already told you where they got their spoiler from and offered to sell you one, so...

2nd The doors can be switched between the '70-early '74 after that they changed the latch mechanism. There are differences in the door panels(IE: the location of the locks aswell as the window mechanisms bolt up differently) In other words, get everything you can with the door your using or you may find it hard to find the right parts to finish.

3rd As TomoHawk mentioned, heat gun works. After some searching on the site you'll find a post on this subject and some people found some chemicals that worked well.

4th '73 and early '74 bumpers used shock mounts and are very close to the same(they bolt up), '71-'72 are very close, if not exactly the same(different bracket from the '73-early '74). I am not personally sure of this but I remember reading the '70 model was different. The bracket or not having uprights or something was different.

I hope you and another georgia z owner (GAZRNR) can work out deal on the spoiler. If you guys can not come to terms, I bought mines from Arizona Z car last year - give Dave a call if it does not work out. Here is a picture of mines fiberglass/bolted on. http://album.hybridz.org/showphoto.php?photo=1536&cat=500&page=1

Guest Grenade300

WOW guys, thanks for the fast reply. Good info. I fell in love with that 3 piece spoiler years ago. I bought one for my 76 280Z, but it was totaled a short time later.

My 73 240 is a diamond in the rough. There is nothing more than speckled surface rust even under the car and on the floor boards. However, water got inside the doors and caused small rust outsalong the bottom of the door, and I don't use bondo unless there is no other choice.

The black undercoating is old (go figure) and chipping off. I know it serves a very good purpose.

The guy who owned the car before me played bumper cars with both bumpers. although there is no body damage, both bumpers are a lost cause.