HybridZ

fitting porsche wheels

hi, i found a great deal on some 18x11 and 18x8 staggered wheels but they are specific for Porsche bolt pattern and offset. Here are the specs:

Made by BSA. 18" Staggered, Two 18x8 (50mm offset) and Two 18x11 (45mm offset) BSA 215 (Eagle Rock) 5x130 Lug Pattern - 71.6 center bore, specifically designed and made for Porsche 911 / 930 / 928 / 993 / 996 / Turbo or non Turbo Wide Body models.

How would/could I get this to fit my 280z? I can also get a great deal on Stoptech brakes.. i would like to go that route eventually. Any suggestions?

50mm is going to be one monster spacer! I would certainly expect that the cost would be no where near that for units that he already has in production, and has spec'd out. He (or any other machinist) is going to have to engineer the spacers, it isn't just a push of a button. Bottomline, I would expect them to be pricey; but, if you're getting a screamin' deal on the wheels, it pretty much evens things out. My .015 worth

Panasports can be custom ordered, as well. Fitment will be perfect without needing to have adaptors, and they will probably run around the same as CCWs. Don't know how big they go, though...was thinking 17x10.

A local guy got some with graphite centers, polished lips, and rivets. They are extremely impressive...though rims are pretty subjective.

dudeboy, thanks for the links they will surely come in handy. it seems the 8" wide front wheels for the porsche will be too narrow for a YZ kit. looks like i'll be getting some CCWs but as much as i like the classics, i wish they had a wider variety of wheels to choose from in "custom" sizes. i spoke to bill coffey and he recommends 12" wide wheels to accomodate the fenders. work wheels are beautiful, but they are extremely expensive! i wish i could afford HRE's honestly... if i had the money i'd get those in a heartbeat. but i believe they are about $1000/wheel right?

He (or any other machinist) is going to have to engineer the spacers, it isn't just a push of a button. Bottomline, I would expect them to be pricey...

Yes and No. If the wider spacer is any more expensive, it is not by much if anything at all. Your best bet is to email him and just ask the simple question. He is a nice guy :D

Davy

hi' date=' i found a great deal on some 18x11 and 18x8 staggered wheels but they are specific for Porsche bolt pattern and offset.

How would/could I get this to fit my 280z? I can also get a great deal on Stoptech brakes.. i would like to go that route eventually. Any suggestions?[/quote']

Given that's a 7-3/4" backspacing on that rear rim, your spacer would be 2-3/4" thick minimum likely to achieve close to a 5" b.s. and perhaps more depending on your 'ideal' fitment with flares etc. You could use a two piece spacer, which is difficult to have perfectly balanced, we're not a fan of those. You could also go to a ford or chevy bolt pattern with our custom hubs/stub axles and then use a 5lug to 5lug one piece bolt on wheel adaptor. Either way that's not a normal thickness spacer for use on a high speed sports car hanging big tires/rims on it though.

You are tied into that set of rims (ie. quick changes not so easy) using a rarer specification like that.

Not sure if you're aware of our brake packages, we'd enjoy discussing their merits with you. Just an option. Feel free to drop us an email anytime, we don't bite as Davy says:)

HTH,

as you can tell, i'm still pretty much a "noob"... so lots of questions. thanks again for everyones patience and advice.

after some research and getting opinions from others, i would like to say i'm pretty much set on getting some CCWs in 17x12 all the way around. i'm just unsure of what hub and brake setup to go with. i would like to spend as little as possible since currently my motor is very mild anyway. Ross, I'll be emailing you very soon as to what my options are. There are a lot of things I would like to upgrade while doing the YZ... the way i figured:

YZ kit: $1200

Wheels: $1800

Tires: $800 - $1000

A-ZCar control arms: $800

Coilovers: $1500 - $2000

Brakes: $1000 - $2500

as you can see... lol.. its a bit of an expensive upgrade considering this doesnt include labor (though I'll be doing most of the mechanical work myself, i dont trust myself to do the paint work/molding) and this obviously wont be able to happen overnight. :(

so.... if I can do a brake upgrade that includes new hubs, rotor, and caliper with some new stainless lines.. that would be cool. i can get a great deal on Stoptech so I may look into that through my friend. but, this is probably a whole new thread and I'll have to do some more research but i've been so busy with school... man i wish i won the lottery :)