HybridZ

Rear Sway Bar w/ Q45 Diff?

Don't know if this is the right forum, or should it be 'drivetrain' ? Anyway, I was at the jy today, crawling under a bunch of Zs. I pulled a fat rear sway bar from a 280ZXT, and held it up to the underside of a 260Z (no 240s). Tried to get an idea if it would fit my 240 w/ Q45 R200. I know it was a little wide; but, I think that I could have it sectioned and rewelded.

Just trying to get input here. Initially I was going to run without a rear because I don't think that I'll need one with all of the other chassis stiffening; however, there is such a huge variety available at my P-n-P, I thought what the hell.

Terry fabbed up a rear bar from another car's front; but, we were never able to ascertain which car it came from. I hid a couple of prospects in a van until I can get a better idea of whether it's doable or not.

Any input is welcome....thanks!

You will need something "Custom". I was planning to do something like Terry (BlueOvalZ) did. He used a Prelude one (I think, iIrc), cut the ends off and welded some other tips one it, and ran it behind the diff. Maybe PM or email him for some tips.....otherwise, just run a big front and stiff springs....

I'm running a suspension technique's bar that mounts from the front of my 73. I had to get the adjustable end links from top end performance to clear the CV 's. It's close but it does not hit anything. Numerous track days and all is OK.

Mark