HybridZ

ls1 Wiring looms and Speedos

hi have looked through search but cant find any direct answers have 2 questions at the moment

1 those who have done the ls1 conversion who has modified the std wiring loom on engine to connect the 6 wires u need to the datsun loom and who has paid to have wiring loom modified to have wires marked and ste up connection

2 Speedo im running tremec t56 std box behind my ls1 just wondering what diiferent approaches where used to hook up speedo am looking at the Jtr mod or maybe a interface box or maybe fit an electronic speedo to my speedo housing and put std face on it

got to ask this does anyone know of a ls1 powered 240z in Australia kind like thinking i might be the first

Thanks for looking finding heaps of info on site its a great site

Mick

try spear tech for the harness. They did mine, nice and simple. If you are using the t-56, an aftermarket electric speedo will work with the stock t-56 sensor on the tranny. Very easy to wire. Spera tech will pull out a wire in the harness for this if you ask.

Mark

Good questions.

1) I used the wiring harness from the Z28 engine donor. Pulled out not necessary wires and then repulled the specific Datsun ones. Can't give you all the details becuase the shop did the actual work. It did, however, incorporate all the LS1 engine sensors for it's ECm and the sensor wires for the water temp, oil pressure, and voltmeter for the Datsun gauges.

2) I kept the stock speedometer and hooked a "CabeleX" converter to it to convert the electronic output from the T56 to a mechanical drive for the Datsun drive cable. I wanted to keep the brake warning light and turn signal indicators that are incorporated into the Dastun speedometer. It was less work and matches the other gauges that way.

As far as I know, you are the first LS1 there, judging only from this site.

I used the engine harness and kept the Camaro gauge cluster, all of the gauges work great and it simply plugs in where it as designed. I sold all my Datsun gauges. However, I did that because I was replacing the dash anyway for my VR conversion and going fiberglass. If you are not replacing the dash, I would call Speartech, find the guy that did Phantom's car or . . . if doing it yourself contact Briguy280Z or Lonestar1 as I believe they did theirs themselves.