HybridZ

Flywheel Bolts, good source for new and strong units...

Guest 73Turbo240z

Guest 73Turbo240z

Alright i need to snag some new flywheel bolts for my new motor, i don't wanna just run down to home depot and start digging cause well frankly i'm a little attached to my feet, and would just as soon not lose them if the flywheel came tear assing off...

So, that being said, where can i get some flywheel bolts that are decent, does ARP or another "upgrade fastener" maker have an offering, or do i need to go bend over for nissan and hope for the best?

I used new stock bolts. Still have both feet. ;) Seriously though, you aren't going to break a flywheel bolt if it's properly torqued and in good condition. I would recommend NEW ones. Make sure you get MT bolts and not AT bolts though, the MT ones are a fair bit longer.

Guest 73Turbo240z
I used new stock bolts. Still have both feet. ;) Seriously though, you aren't going to break a flywheel bolt if it's properly torqued and in good condition. I would recommend NEW ones. Make sure you get MT bolts and not AT bolts though, the MT ones are a fair bit longer.

where did you acquire these?

Guest 73Turbo240z
If you really need them

ARP kit is 203-2801 (8 Toyota bolts)

I needed them for my setup. The heads are too tall on the stock bolts for my setup and it needs the short 12 point heads on the ARP bolts.

the thread pitch and bolt diameter were the same for your L28 setup as this toyota kit?

If you really need them

ARP kit is 203-2801 (8 Toyota bolts)

I needed them for my setup. The heads are too tall on the stock bolts for my setup and it needs the short 12 point heads on the ARP bolts.

Are the ARP bolts long enough? I measured my old ones and they measured 1 1/16" (27mm) long and the ARP website say theirs are 1" (25mm) long.