HybridZ

RB26 head update with pics

Guest JAMIE T

Guest JAMIE T

RB26_deck.jpg

The head all port work is done and the head is decked and has a competition valve job. Flows over 250cfm on the intake and over 200 on the exhaust.

RB26_valves.jpg

This photo shows the back cut valves and fresh valve job.

If anyone wants to see any more pics, I have a pretty good digicam. I can try and get some shots for you.

I'm happy with the outcome and the head looks fantastic. It's hard to appreciate from pics.

Guest JAMIE T

I hope so... Right now I'm only limited by the bottom end. My cams are Blitz 272/10.25's. I'm pretty damn stoked about this part of the build-up. Thanks for the compliments.

Guest JAMIE T

I'll post the flow figures when I get them from the shop. The guy who did the valve job, decking and flowing does this in his home shop. He built his own flow bench(a SuperFLow copy). It doesn't have a computer print out. He gave me the flow numbers on a sheet of notebook paper. The last time we flowed the head(after porting, before valve job and decking) the head flowed 234cfm on the intake and 204 on the intake. That was a mild improvement over stock on the intake with only an 8 cfm improvement. I didn't do too much to the intake then. Since then I opened up the intake abit and the valve job has made huge improvements. (the valve job alone is worth more than 16 cfm). The exhaust was a huge jump from stock, up 53 cfm from stock. I'm stoked. Check out the earlier thread on the same subject for preliminary info.