HybridZ

Suspension needed

Well, it basicly started as a crappy day, it got REALLY good rite b4 the problem. Well, i was driving home, and i needed to turn around, so i went into my school parking lot, and turned around, and was on my way out of the lot, when the ZX hydroplaned(DAMNIT), it hit a few curbs and then finnally stopped, i expected the WORST, i looked at it, and it was perfectly fine. I decided to forget about going to pickup the paycheck, and just headed home.

About 100 feet down the road, the car started to really mess up, Think of it like this, u know the feeling when u have one of those high lift cams in a V8, well it was a combination of a VERY BAD IDLE mixed with swerving, thats exactly wht it felt like, so i tried to pull over, and i got into the turning lane, and it completely stopped, i got out of my car, my fender had popped off and my strut completly snapped, my brake line shredded, it sucked bigtime.

My next question is, does anybody have a front right suspension for an 81 ZX (spindle, strut, ect....) or would it make more sence to get an upgraded suspension and get it lowered, i mean, its gonna b in the shop anyway, does anybody have a lowering kit there selling for a ZX 2+2???

PLZ HELP

How do i upload images, i tried seting it up in the gallery, but it won't accept BMP

Lowering: You use the stock strut assmebly. Just buy lower springs (kit of four) and the front strut spacers that go under the ball joints.

I have both struts from a 280ZX already out of the car and ready to ship. I had them advertised on a 510 forum for sale but nobody was interested. (they use them to upgrade the 510 to ZX brakes)

Do you need only one? No other parts right now? I also have the tension rod out of the car. You should replace that too. I do not have the lower control arm though, except in my parts car which is not ready for disasembly.

also, you'll want to buy one or both new strut inserts. Get those new from a store. (basically that is your front shocks)

send me an email directly if you're interested in any parts right now. I can get them to you real soon.

alright, here is the story, im gonna need.....(this is EXACTLY wht the guy said)-a Strut assembly, strut mount, strut bolts, the metal brake line, the rubber brake hose.....all for the right front wheel. The mechanic said that the Spindle was built into the strut assembly, is this true? basicly i need a spindle, strut, break line, and everything to bolt those up.

Yes the spindle is part of the strut assembly. The strut assembly is all I have off a car right now. If you need other parts too, maybe you should talk to the guy above that said he had a parts car ready. My parts car still needs to roll for now. (for another 2 weeks or so)