HybridZ

Got my RB motor mounts & 25T G/box

My RB motor mounts just turned up today on the courier, they look like a nice part and pretty cheap at $150 Australian, lets hope they fit now!

RB_engine_mounts.jpg

Also recieved my R33 RB25DET 5 speed box this week too! Its better than Xmas!!! Man she sure is a biggin! - sorry about the dark photo(taken with my phone)

RB25DET_5_spd.jpg

are putting a rb30 into a 240z, if so where did you order the motor mounts from ,and can they be used for any rb motor, im thinking of doing a similar swap on my '71

I sure am! Im using the Rb30 bottem end from the Australian built Holden Commodore and fitting a Rb25DE cyl head onto it and putting it into a '72 240z.

Yes the mounts will fit all RB engines into the early Z, the mounts place the engine as low & far back as possible.

There are made by the Castlemain Rod Shop in Australia, and cost A$150 for the pair.

http://www.rodshop.com.au/mounts.htm the part# you want is EM81

Should be a pretty wild beast when finished.

DO you have the motor together to put these mounts in and take some measurements?

I have my rb26 with a t-88 34D and the turbo hits the strut pillar pretty hard. Its almost deadcenter of the pillar also. IM using there GM auto adapter and if it puts the motor far enough back the motor mounts may be better then hacking and notching the strut pillar to squeeze the turbo in there.

I was going to just tilt the motor up alittle but since the auto pan is flat now i really cant do that.

Let me know thanks

Stony

OH yea what isolaters are you gonna use (or are required) with those mounts?

Guest JAMIE T

Stony, is that T88-34D a split tang T4 flange? It seems like it would be worth it to fabricate a new manifold to relocate the turbo forward of the strut tower. It also seams like it would make plumbing the down pipe easier also. 4" is tricky to package.

Clint(not Stony), you really seem to bo moving along nicely. Good luck.

Stony' date=' is that T88-34D a split tang T4 flange? It seems like it would be worth it to fabricate a new manifold to relocate the turbo forward of the strut tower. It also seams like it would make plumbing the down pipe easier also. 4" is tricky to package.

Clint(not Stony), you really seem to bo moving along nicely. Good luck.[/quote']

Yes, but i dont have the patience time or money to have another built. it will be easier to just notch the strut pillar. it wont be much maybe and inch or so chunk taken out so the snail dosnt hit the pillar. we will see. And there is plenty of room behind it for the exhuast. its the waste gets tube that needs to be repositioned

• 4 weeks later...
Guest innocentbystander

About to do a RB25DET into a 260Z, I've looked at one car (260Z/RB20)that had the earlier smaller box,seemed to fit without mods,however these are getting a bit old(and harder to find)R33 type more available,but does it fit without molesting the tunnel?

About to do a RB25DET into a 260Z, I've looked at one car (260Z/RB20)that had the earlier smaller box,seemed to fit without mods,however these are getting a bit old(and harder to find)R33 type more available,but does it fit without molesting the tunnel?

I havnt got it in the car yet, the r33 25T box is bloody big! A few guys here have them in their cars, i believe that you need to cut of the standard mounting ears from the tunnel and make a new rear mounting crossmember.

This has bee covered in other threads, with pics, do a search, seek and you shall find. :)

my bad i see u wrote front panel work not front end, by the by where and how much did u get the trans 4?ive tried to e mail the rodshop several times and still no responce for those motor mounts.

Call them i never got a response via email on my adapter till i called them

my bad i see u wrote front panel work not front end, by the by where and how much did u get the trans 4?ive tried to e mail the rodshop several times and still no responce for those motor mounts.

Yeah, they were pretty slow at returning my emails as well, i had to send same mail a couple of times to get a reply, hopeless!

R33 Rb25DET trans was pretty expensive at $2000NZ, but hey they are quite rare out here, as most the jap imports are autos.

stony said to call so i guess i will, also is ur tranny an automatic w/the rb26 stony?the motor im putting in comes w/a auto wondering if its loss in pu compaired 2 the 5speed.

hey new zealand hows ur progress coming, what kind of computer system are u running in ur car, im thinking of going w/the haltech11, i saw it near where i live 4 about 1,500.00 us, btw ouch on da price of the tranny.

Im putting in a full race 2 speed powerglide with a 5000+ stall. i would not run the nissan auto if you plan on going for 350 or above HP.

I will be installing a HKS fcon Vpro system. It looks like a pretty badass setup. only drawback is only HKS dealers can tune. just so happens my buddy just happens to be one :>

Hey Hellr

Progress is slow at the moment mate, just collecting more parts etc, i plan on running the latest ver of the NZ made "Link" ECU, they have just brought out a new system called G3 or something, i was talking to a techy dude the other day about this ECU, sounds like they have really caught up with the competition now (maybe even surpassed), this thing can do everything including full traction control.

I am having a major delemor at the moment with wheel width choice, didnt want to have to flare the guards, bit i'm thinking i am going to have too! But thats another story.