HybridZ

Got my ScottieGNZ downpipe on..

wigenOut-S30

And wow.. I can feel such a seat of the pants difference. It seems to pull alot harder on the top end now as before it would fall on its face.. Just goes to show how restrictive the stocker is.. Here is a couple of compareson pics of my old DP and a stock DP as well as the scottie GNZ dp. 12's just might be waiting for me when I get to the track..

DP_compare.JPG

DSC00078.JPG

Scottie - are you going to make any more please?

No immediate plans to but I will look into it. I do not just weld these up in my backyard and it is a royal PITA having the flange CNC'd, another shop doing the mandrel bending and another shop doing the tig welding in a jig. I am sure Jeffp can testify to that and I was basically doing the turboZ folks a favor.

No immediate plans to but I will look into it. I do not just weld these up in my backyard and it is a royal PITA having the flange CNC'd, another shop doing the mandrel bending and another shop doing the tig welding in a jig. I am sure Jeffp can testify to that and I was basically doing the turboZ folks a favor.

Hi Scottie, I understand it must be a right royal PITA and I appreciate and thank you for saying that you will look into it again.

All I can say is that your Turbo downpipes are legendary and there doesnt seem to be any other alternative other then the stock pipe or a home made job. I have only heard positive things from the Z fans who have used your downpipes and with so many guys doing turbo swaps recently i can see a good demand for them.

So please put me down for one, if you decide to make them again that is.

George

• 2 weeks later...
I think another member on here might be making a run, I wont post his name until I confirm this with him.

Hi Sparks,

I wondered if you had a chance to speak to your contact regarding the Turbo DP for a 240Z?

Or maybe Scottie you had a chance to look into it??

Appreciate all your help guys. I thought maybe I should post a message in the group buys section to get some interest going?

George

they are not going to be stainless steel like Scotties, probally just mild steel but with two 45 degree bends and the bung

Ahh.. I was hoping they would be done in SS as I dont want to ever have to do order one again.

Is it that much harder to make in SS?

Let me start off by saying that if someone else on this board is attempting to make and sell one, I will not "compete" with them. In addition to that, I am just a regular guy who designed the DP but had it professional constructed by several shops, both 200 miles away (CAD/CNC for the flanges and jig/SS pipe, bung/mandrel bending/TIG-welding/polishing by another shop). Way too much hassle for no profit so the price would definitely be higher.

SS is expensive and mandrel benders are far and few between. I wanted a single pipe with the only welds being the flanges and bung. SS cost is about the same as mild-steel + quality ceramic-coating. I know because the original I did for myself in the pic was done that way. The c-coater was another shop 100 miles in the other direction :D :D I will take SS/TIG over mild-steel/coated anyday for a DP. No slight on anyone who can only afford just mild-steel but the extreme heat combined with condensation from the exhaust is a mild-steel killer.

My DP was designed to fit 1st-gens with the Nissan 5-spd. There are fitment issues with the T5 and it does not fit the 280ZXT.