HybridZ

Question on fittings for N42 intake manifold

Guest ON3GO

Guest ON3GO

Okay guys, im trying to finish out my engine bay and really all thats left is my hoses and fittings and lines.

So does anybody know what size thread the threaded holes are in the intake manifold?

im looking for some NPT to -AN fittings with nipples for my boost line, BOV line, fpr vacuum line, and so on.

any ideas?

i know one of these holes ill put a plug in but im not sure jegs, summit or others carry a little plug like this.. i know aeroquip and earls makes them but not sure in this small of a size.

heres a pic of the manifold and what i need fittings for and the plug.

i dont have any speed shops near i work and the ones in town are far away and i wouldnt have the time to go there and see if they have what i need.

i know jegs and summit does so if i order i dont want to order wrong.

849_p68859.jpg

heres the nipple fittings i sorta want but the ones i want connect to AN fittings

sum-g3116.jpg

if anybody has any idea what size thread it is so i can order that would be great.

plus ill be adding a BIG post with a HUGH parts list that most of us L motor guys can use in some way or another....

mike

It's and easy enough task to do one of the following:

1) Tap the them with a chaser to NPT (the threads are REALLY CLOSE) I did this on almost all of my manifold holes that did not have a Nissan fitting going back into them---it's simply easier to tap them than chase down overpriced hardware that may fit...

2) Close them up using "Lumiweld" and a MAPP Gas torch. It's like an aluminum brazing compound---it works wery well when cleaning up bumps divots, etc in manifolds.