HybridZ

Pic of record ALASKAN GRIZZLY

COZY Z COLE

cid_002801c54a76_56a7c8c0_EADE8A73_larrywa688svt0.jpg

cid_002701c54a76_56a64220_EADE8A73_larrywa688svt0.jpg

The downloaded pictures are of a man who works for the US Forest Service in Alaska and his trophy bear.

He was out deer hunting last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy emptied his 7mm Magnum semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he reloaded and shot it several times in the head.

The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds It stood 12' 6" high at the shoulder, 14' to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world.

Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourists of the risks involved when in the wild.

Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours including a missing hiker.

The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from the pistol was the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been found.

Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (the Service ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body), it only wounded the bear and probably angered it immensely.

The bear killed the hiker an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of the Forest Service worker.

Think about this:

DAMN.....:icon52:

LARRY

Guest goldraven

oh my god, that thing is huge! most impressive thing is about how many damn bullets it took to take him down. Really opens the eyes.

Nick

For me it's a love-hate relationship with the internet info age. I never know what to believe and what not to believe anymore. Those certainly are amazing photos but without searching further, I'd have to take them with a grain of salt. I'm not saying they are not real, I am just saying that it requires further work on my part to prove or disprove. Amazingly mammoth creatures, if they are real! Thanks for the photos. OMFG!

Like jt1 said, go check out snopes.com they are the original "mythbusters" and they get to the bottom of everything, urban legends, e-mail chain letters, etc. I can spend hours just looking at that stuff, filling my head with useless facts that my friends can call me a dork for knowing.

My dream is to kill a bear that big and have it made into a rug, to see how many women I can fit on it at one time, preferrably without clothes. JK

Really, I want to kill a mondo bear just like that one, been a dream of mine since I was in Wyo and had a grizzly stick his head in my tent at about 2 AM while I was elk hunting by Jackson. They have the foulest smelling breath you've ever had the opportunity to wiff.