HybridZ

HOT ROD tricks... side view mirror door latch mod

JaysZ

Jayz,

I thought your original design was to not using eletronic control of your door popper. Looking at all these tricks above look like when your battery is dead you will be climbing thru the trunk to open your door. If you want to go that route why not just put a remote control alarm in your car. Alarm now a day can give you up to 5 output functions. More than enough to pop your doors roll your window up and down and etc .. and all thru the remote. Why bother going thru the magnet and all other tricks? I have installed 2 of these systems on my Zs and all controlled by a remote control. Very simple to hook up. BTW I bought a 2 door popper kits and it cost 130. You got ripped off.. Email me if you want some help.. Otherwise Good luck

hey vinh,

the original design wasn't so much a choice between electronic or mechanical, i just wanted a clean look and something a little different. since i realized i dont have the budget for an all out race car, i just want to build something fun to drive that looks cool. i still plan to have a backup mechanical pull just in case, but since there are absolutely no electronics in the car (not even a clock) that has any kind of amperage draw, i dont see my battery ever going dead in the near future. *knock on wood* :)

as far as paying $145 for the kit, i know I paid more than a remote kit.. i could of easily got a spal or autoloc kit from ebay with 2 poppers and a 6 channel remote for $130 but i wanted to try something different. the magnet thing is something me and my friends (or anyone i know) have never seen or heard of before and i didnt want to have a remote on my chain. i hope it is reliable! whast your email address? i'm sure i'll be needing some assistance since i've never shaved my handles before :)

Jayz,

So you choose to carry around a magnet instead of a remote? That's just not making any sense to me at all. With the alarm it also protect your car from being stolen and giving you an option to unlock your car and then pop your door open all by using the remote. If you use the magnet you still need to unlock your door unless you just abandone that. On my car when I shaved the handles I still retain the doorlock but I disabled it from the inside (the mechanical lever) . It can only be unlock electronically thru the alarm or a hidden switch that I installed. That way if I ever left my door open and someone jump in and close the door to steal the car. He will be in deep $hit.

My email is anh3pa@hotmail.com feel free to email me if you have any question. Good luck

well i guess what it boils down to is just personal preference. the magnet is small so it looks like a keychain. i dont drive the car much if at all, and its garage kept. when and if i do drive the Z, its never left alone. like i said, i wanted to be a little different. different usually costs more (in this case, not that much more). i dont have a lot of functions to use, so having a remote isnt necessary.

the security issue is a valid argument, but if they really want the car how can i stop them from? i know many people with alarms that have gotten their cars broken into or stolen on numerous occasions and honestly, it doesnt seem like a serious deterrent anyway. its more of a nuisance. also, sadly, my car has nothing inside worth stealing, besides a steering wheel (soon to be detachable) and racing seat. the only other benefit to stealing the car would be for the motor (which isnt all that great yet anyway lol) and trust me, there will be plenty of things put in place to prevent someone from driving away with the car.

i appreciate your concern, but i honestly think this is the route i would like to go. that might change soon enough, but we'll see for now :)