HybridZ

Progress part ..... well i cant remember anymore

stony

The rearend is in the car now!!!!!!. but not sure how the builder classifies "in the car" axles are ordered and from what im hearing should be on the ground next week!!!!!!!. rearend should be assembled by the middle of next week. i will be going over to the shop this weekend maybe to get some pics. Will post any i get. Hope to have alot :>

neil chance bolt together is what we were originally going with but recently found out that the adjustment on it is very minimal .. So not too sure. i may just throw something in it just to get it together and running. then once its running and been down the track a couple times start looking into my converter options.

With those cams and the T88/34D 16cm you want to be looking for around 7000. When trimmed correctly, that engine will want to turn close to 10K with peak HP at about 9K. I'm going with the complete ATI adapter and converter on Jon's S15. He's headed to Fla. in about a month and will box and ship the tranny when he's there. We're also thinking about the Ford 8.8 IRS because HKS says the rear end has to remain IRS or the car goes to "PRO". Whatever....

i was thinking the same thing. It would ensure i would be at full booste off the line. it was around 5000 rpm when the Torque and HP line in the dyno graph go vertical. I think 4500 on a 2 step, and tranny brake loaded off the line will also do the trick.

oops got me while i was typing!!!

7000 rpm!!!! wholly crap :icon52: I for sure dont want to go that high' date=' i do want to keep some streetability to it and 7K wouldnt be streetable at all :icon52:[/quote']

Define streetable..... :) You've seen what people drive on the street in Japan.

The T51SPL needs all the rpm's it can get. Remember, we're on a short track, and Goyu's two GT-R's are both pushing over 1,000 hp and using sequential Hollingers. $10K is way too much for a tranny. The silver one is a low 9/ high 8 second car at Sendai. We'll be running huge oil coolers with fans for Henza. That's the only street driving it will see is from my place to there.

i need to be able to drive it 35 minutes out to the track at highway speeds. to and from work now and again during the summer and not have any issues.

The dyno went verticle on torque and HP at 5500 RPM. my expeience (not much) say that under real street loads booste will kickin 500rpm and maybe lower then it does on the dyno. So as long as i can build booste off the line a 5000 srall should work well and be somewhat streetable.