HybridZ

Motor Mounts Question

So Ive been throwing around the idea of putting a new engine in my car sometime in the future, and have pretty much decided its going to be either a l28et or chevy small block.

I then began to think.....

The mounts on a 70-78 Z are different from that of a 79-83 ZX, part of the reason the JTR mounting kit works only on the Z and not the ZX correct??

So then if one was thinking of doing a l28et swap, they would need to have custon mounts made because the ZX mounts don't work in a Z.

HOWEVER!! Since the engines are all the same (l28), one could just bolt the Z mounts to the turbo ZX motor, and not fabricated mounts would be needed.

Obviously Im a little confused, so if someone could help me out I'd apreciate it.

The ZX drive train can all be swapped into the earlier 70-78 Z-cars. Yes, you can use the earlier 70-78 motor mounts and attach them to the ZX blocks. It's been done countless times and if you search you can read anything and everything you may need to know. This is if you opt to go that route.

Good Luck,

yes the mounts on the swap for zx into a z arent so difficult, but what are ur goals with the car? even the l28turbo will cost u some $$ the 350 is cool but that costs, so why not go with an rb motor. many guys here have alot of info and parts are all over ebay and other forums in the stock form u get 250 horses w/no mods on such a light car just a suggestion,,,plus ur local so thats more guys to the rb party

ALL THE MOUNTS ARE THE SAME! the only differences are little bits of bracing and the captured nuts, but are ALL COMPLETELY INTERCHANGABLE!

as for the jtr swap if it isn't the same for the zx it's due to the steering column/rack and or crossmsmber in relation to the SBC/oilpan