HybridZ

Shifter Boot suggestions??

BobsZTwins

I've done a search on the forums but didn't come up with too much that will help my situation. I'm rebuilding my original Scarab Stage II Turbocharged 350 but replacing the Super T10 with a T56. Due to the location of the Deltagate wastegate, I can only set the engine back about 2" further than the original Scarab position. The wastegate is now about 3/4" from the firewall and leaves just enough room for the turbo downpipe to clear. This puts the T56 shifter "stub" at the front of the stock opening in my 260Z. I using the set-back plate and Hurst shifter that came off the T10 to put the shifter more toward the center of the opening but I need an inner boot to cover the T56 stub / Hurst shifter combo. Any suggestions other than the Pep Boys / Advance Auto boots? I've looked at the Hurst stuff but none of it is close to the 3.5" x 7" opening in the tunnel or will fit thru the 4" x 6.75" console opening. I'm sure I'll have to do some trimming of the console but I'd like to keep that to a minimum

Thanks!

T56 Shifter_thumb.JPG