HybridZ

My engine mods! Anything more I should do?

pjo046

Well, my L28T will be as follows:

Block:

Honed, forged pistons, Clevite 77 rod and main bearings, rods polished and shot peened, ARP rod bolts, perhaps ARP main studs(Needed, or will the stock ones do?)

Head:

Will be ported(Inlet ports will be port matched to the 1.5" runners, the exhaust ports will be port-matched to the ported exhaust manifold), new cam installed with new springs etc and reground rocker arms, valve job done, 1mm HKS gasket

Stock turbo exhaust manifold, ported ann ceramic coated inside and outside

Custom intake with 1.5" runners and velocity stacks. 60mm TB

Turbo:

T3/TO4B

Stage V turbine wheel/.63 a/r turbine housing

T04B hi-fi compressor wheel (55lbs/min) (This will outflow the E housing according to James Thagard which I bought the turbo from)

water-cooled & 360deg thrust bearing

Ceramic coated turbine housing

Fuel:

550cc Lucas O-ring injectors

Custom fuel rail included with the custom intake

SX FPR

Engine management:

Electromotive TEC3

Fidanza aluminium flywheel.

Single groove europulley.

Will run a compression of 8.5:1, and run on 93.5 octane pump gas.

What else would you recommend doing to give as much power and longevity as possible? Will the crankshaft need to be balanced? Have heard that these are pretty stout, and are rearly out of balance. This one only has 50K on it.

Am of course planing on getting a 3" downpipe. Hopefully from JeffP.

By the way' date=' anyone has recommendations on which pistons to get? I have heard to stay away from Venolia. Too see why, look here:

http://www.zcar.com/forums/read.php?f=1&i=575149&t=575149

Also, please chime in on my engine mods if you feel I have left out a vital part of the puzzle when I am trying to get 400rwhp or more.[/quote']

I'm going with Wisco pistons.

T3/TO4B

Stage V turbine wheel/.63 a/r turbine housing

T04B hi-fi compressor wheel (55lbs/min) (This will outflow the E housing according to James Thagard which I bought the turbo from)

That compressor wheel was designed to work with the B housing. That is not to say you couldn't shove some massive wheel in an e-housing and it would then flow more. Don't let the fact that the e-housing is smaller in diameter fool you. It is much thicker than the e-housing. The twinturbo ZR-1 corvette project I just finished uses 2x GT30R turbocharger with 55lb/min wheels that we ended up using B-housings because of space limitations. The car made 565hp@wheels with 7.5psi of boost. My buddies Z31 turbo made 375hp/409ft-lbs @wheels at 19psi with this same turbo and that was on pump gas. BTW, he only had the stage III turbine wheel. You won't be disappointed.

I'm not that familiar with the L-series engines (yet... hybridZ forums are certainly helping me in that regard :) ), but the parts list makes me smile :D Good call on having a water-cooled center section! A lot of people seem to leave that out when upgrading turbos. You actually have a very similar setup to the one I was building in dreamland (for when I sell the S13 for an S30, eventually)