HybridZ

twins on the rb25

hellraiser

o.k after looking around in the few places that i could, i cant seen to find a rb26 head to put on the rb25 block so that i could have twin t's on it. so now my question is can i put the twins on the rb 25 head, are the 26 and 25 manifolds interchangeable like on the 240z's ?and would it make any sense and more power to do this other than that it would look hella good!!

o.k after looking around in the few places that i could, i cant seen to find a rb26 head to put on the rb25 block so that i could have twin t's on it. so now my question is can i put the twins on the rb 25 head, are the 26 and 25 manifolds interchangeable like on the 240z's ?and would it make any sense and more power to do this other than that it would look hella good!!

Dont take this the wrong way, but i dont see what the big deal is, with wanting to run twins, most jap power upgrades for the RB26 (& similar engines) go to a large single anyway, this would make for a far simpler set up with plumbling etc as well, far less expensive iniatially and on going, as only one turbo and one gate as opposed to two of each. Even if you are concerned about lag with a large single, this can be greatly reduced with the use of modern type turbos such as a correctly sized GT--R from garrett with their BB centres etc.

As a side note, i also remember a great statement made by Corky Bell in his book "Maximin Boost" "If you have no lag, you also have no surge of big power to look forward to either" or something like that. As if the turbo is sized so small as to have no noticable lag, it will also be so small that it will drastically restrict power up top.

A twin high mount set up sure does look mean, but hey, is it all really worth it?

Just my 2 cents & personal opinion, but hey we are all different eh.

well i saw a couple of twin set ups and damm they look good, but im into function60%looks40% on choices for the motor so ill stick with one t set up, thanks for ur input im hoping to have this done by the end of the summer.

well i saw a couple of twin set ups and damm they look good, but im into function60%looks40% on choices for the motor so ill stick with one t set up, thanks for ur input im hoping to have this done by the end of the summer.

Cool man, just trying to save you some hassles. I am just in the process of ordering a GT35R and a Tial 44mm Gate, for my RB30DE