HybridZ

hotdog dwell

woldson

I am at a loss as to what you are asking, or what significance "dwell" has on anything being questioned. This is the same question you asked earlier, and the answer is still the same as it was then: MSS will run your car, and if you want to control coil packs use MS-n-EDIS.

What/why/how does "dwell" come into the conversation at all. Am I missing something? With WHAT, and MS?

You have an 82 Normally Aspirated 280ZX?

Then the same thing that was in the first post (mario answered it!) where you asked the question STILL is applicable:

YES, MS will run the car. The distributor is a distributor and not a Crank Angle sensor, or a gutted unit like in the 81 turbos. The only people recommended to simply make the MSS conversion are those people with TURBO 280ZX's. Not those with a NORMALLY ASPIRATED that they are planning on converting.

Please let people have ALL the information AT ONCE and you will get beter answers, and it will not be like pulling teeth for either one of us. Also searching and reading is a good idea, as the MSEFI site would have answered this question in a quite straightforward manner. You simply hook your MS "tach" input to your coil negative terminal, and run it fuel only.

This is the BASIC MS system. I'm still not understanding something here, exactly why are you fixed on controlling spark, again? In an N/A? if you are going to control spark, you will need the GM Module for the interface because the Megasquirt does not have dwell, and the Megasquirt is what will be controlling the spark if you set it up that way.

But I am giving up, this seems to be a lack of reading or research thusfar.

MSnS_extra code will control spark and control dwell, but that code requires a little more research up front than regalur MSnS. It has a lot more settings and potential for mistakes because it gives you a lot more things to control. Do everyhting a step at a time. So setup fuel only, then when it works good move on to spark. A gm module is only $13 so maybe set up with GM module for a couple days and when it works good then try using dwell control and stock module(removing GM module from the setup). Once you jump in and do the fuel only setup you will learn a lot more about megasquirt in general.