HybridZ

Can Anyone ID this 280zx Body Kit?

I think the bodywork on the Diet Coke/ Hanna- Finish Like New car (posted by chewievette) looks the best. I'm speaking, obviously, from a purely aesthetic point of view. It softens the lines of the car a bit and returns it to a more 240 G-nose'ish look.

The Leitzinger paint job looks great and definately fits the car.

Come on, people. I just like the song, okay? :P

LOL... What's not to like about Rammstein?

Guest Battle Pope
I think the bodywork on the Diet Coke/ Hanna- Finish Like New car (posted by chewievette) looks the best. I'm speaking' date=' obviously, from a purely aesthetic point of view. It softens the lines of the car a bit and returns it to a more 240 G-nose'ish look.

The Leitzinger paint job looks great and definately fits the car.

LOL... What's not to like about Rammstein?[/quote']

lol, you tell me! other than some of their songs having absolutely revolting lyrics... they still kick much butt

I know Arizona Z used to make the earlier (boxed type) flare set but they sold their molds and I don't know who bought them... The wing is a "ZXR Wing kit" as on the street 280ZXRs but good luck finding one... they've been discontinued and I bought the last one Nissan had left... supposedly someone is replicating them but I don't know who...

if anyone finds who would be making the later kit (rolled flares) I'd be very happy...

About three or four years ago I was at the Bob Sharp Z club (now defunct) Bob had one of those V8 Turbo ZX cars on display at his dearleship in CT. They were talking about how it had so much power that it was very difficult not to spin it out in almost any gear. I also had heard that he had sold one of the ex-racecars to a fellow whom was going to use it for vintage racing. About a year later, I heard that someone had gotten killed in a vintage race in an old Bob Sharp ZX car.

http://www.endurancesportscar.com/other.htm about 1/4 way down is the article regarding the tragic accident.

The car: http://962.com/other_racing_cars/nissan_gtp_zx/index.htm

A side fact, they added a chicane a few years back to slow down the cars at Limerock park after a ZX left the track on a hump in the back straight and flew up into the trees.

I think most of those "body kits" were formed by the crew with aluminum and rivets.