HybridZ

T-56 wiring harness

I am re-wiring my GTO using a Painless wiring kit. The problem is I just swapped the existing 350/TH350 auto for a new engine with a T-56 6-speed (out of a 95 Camaro) but I don't have the wiring harness for the tranny, i.e the various sensors - speed, reverse, plus something else - yes, there are three places to plug into the tranny. Can anybody help me? I really just need the plugs themselves as I can fabricate a new harness.

John Beech

407-302-3360

john at modelsport dot com

I am re-wiring my GTO using a Painless wiring kit. The problem is I just swapped the existing 350/TH350 auto for a new engine with a T-56 6-speed (out of a 95 Camaro) but I don't have the wiring harness for the tranny' date=' i.e the various sensors - speed, reverse, plus something else - yes, there are three places to plug into the tranny. Can anybody help me? I really just need the plugs themselves as I can fabricate a new harness.

John Beech

407-302-3360

john at modelsport dot com[/quote']

You can keep the speed sensor, but it will work with either an electronic speedometer or a Cable X box that transforms the speed sensor to a cable drive.

Reverse - You don't really nead anything hooked up to it. With out the wiring, getting into reverse maybe stiff. Or you could just put in a push button switch to momentarily activate the reverse solenoid to make it easier.

The something else is the skip shift solenoid, this does not have to be hooked up.

You can buy the pigtails from GM. I just converted my Trans Am from an auto to a T56 back in December and needed them to wire it up.

VSS pigtail (12101899)

reverse lockout pigtail (12101857)

reverse light pigtail (12085485)

I got the part numbers from here.

And surprisingly those connecters arent too expensive($12-$20 each), atleast when I bought them they werent! I thought for sure I was going to have to pay $40 per connector when I went to buy them.

Guy

One thing to consider in your T56 swap. I cut the spring to ease the shifting into reverse, trust me it will be a challenge if you leave it as is. After I finished I thought that I could wire the solenoid into the brake light switch and keep the spring as is.