HybridZ

My new KONIG 15x7 shoes

Guest iskone

Larry, I have a set of the same caps and was planning to use them on my Konigs. Did you have to grind away on the wheel? Could the cap be ground at all, I know the cap is pretty thin so I'm thinking this is not an option. I would be very worried about grinding the wheel because my centers are the gunmtal ones.

Isk

I too would be interested in a set of 16X8's. I have the 14x7 Konigs now and I have the same problem with the center caps. I was kind of Pissed that they didn't fit because Gabe advertised the wheels to fit a Z and then when I complained about it they did nothing about the caps. I bought a set of short dust caps for the spindle covers but they still don't fit. I guess I could cut the end off the spindle to gain some space and then pound in the ends of the spindle caps to gain clearance but I would prefer to find caps that will fit properly.

Where did you get the caps and what was involved in making them fit?

Keep us up to date on the larger wheels size. I am sure we can get 30 people to commit.

The center caps I used are MSA ones from this link......

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=25-2059&Category_Code=WCC

Only a little grinding is required on the CAP only...... I used a little liquid weld to insure they stay on. I read on ClassicZ that guys were hammering the spindle cover for the original caps to fit and I think they are nuts...:sour:

Just to say it again the original caps will not fit......

LARRY

• 2 weeks later...
maybe if we can get enough members from other Z forums...

how much are we talking per set of 16x8s?

correction: z1 performance told me they would not be able to fulfill the order even with 30 sets, per Konig's reply to his inquiry

Guest iskone
Something to keep in mind on the grinding..... The front caps take more grinding then the rear ones so don't fit one front one and do the other three at the same time. Fit and grind one cap at a time and your good to go....

LARRY

Thanks for the tip!