HybridZ

1973 240z

Guest BiltWelRestoration

Guest BiltWelRestoration

This is not an attempt to sell this vehicle I would like some input as to what all you guys out there think of this build and what it is worth only to see if I have it overpriced. Please no slamming I have had enough of that from zcar.com you may E-mail me with your responsesat LME0911@aol.com The car is currentley listed on E-Bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4551193704&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT and can be viewed there under Item #4551193704 please no comments on the pics I know they suc(it's a long story why they do) Just Opinions and your opinion of the value please read the entire description before getting back to me.

Thanks in advance,

WEL AKA(No coast)

BiltWel Restoration

I can appreciate your efforts on the swap. Looks like you put quite a bit of effort into it. BUT unfortunately hybrids like yours usually sell for around $6K fully finished. I know that is pennies on the dollar (not to mention time) but that is the unfortunate fact. If the paint is as good as you say it could be worth a good bit more, but as I think you know your ad doesn't present it well.

There is nothing really special about your engine choice. Complete aluminum head LT1's with all sensors, computer and auto auto transmissions are listed on ebay for less than $1700 all the time. And even then they don't sell. The iron head engines maybe as capable as the aluminum ones, but they are still much less desireable. An aluminum head LT1 weights less than the Nissan inline 6. That is a huge deal to moste people. Also, say iron head and I think worn out cop car motor. I am sure others will as well.

But most importantly, in case you haven't noticed, us Z owners are a notoriously cheap bunch.

My suggestion is to get the thing finished and take some glamor shots out in the sunlight. If you make it look immaculant, then you might get a few thousand more. I am not sure what you are expecting finished price, so it is hard to say if you are pricing it fairly.

One last things, you might want to rethink that "mid 11 sec" comment. Take a look at some of the 1/4 mile times in a few signatures on this site to see what I mean.

But most importantly, in case you haven't noticed, us Z owners are a notoriously cheap bunch.

Yup. You would be better off finishing the car and then selling it to someone who is not into Zs. A recent example:

Myself and a few friends looked at a 1970 240Z that was listed at $13,000+ and supposedly had a lot of mods like a 3.2, etc. When we looked at the car our concensus was that it was a $5,000 car, mostly because of the rust and accident free 1970 chassis. Talking with the seller it turns out he paid a lot more then his asking price for the car because he thought the Z was "cool."

Do a few burnouts in front of the nearest high school when it let's out...

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, and some of you may disagree with me, but a pic with wheels, on the ground, and clean would speak volumes even though it's technically not finished. From the pics this doesn't look too difficult.

Heh, group me in with the "cheap" bunch too!

Guest BiltWelRestoration

Those rotors are the originals and were blasted and painted the first time we put the car together they never got turned and are only on the car for fit up of the calipers we have since decided to go with either slotted or drilled or both rotors. Your pic sure does look better than the one I posted on E-Bay.

Thanks,

WEL (No Coast)

BiltWel Restoration

Guest BiltWelRestoration

Preith you are absoluteley correct it would make a huge difference to see it on the ground and outside and I am gooing to try to get that done tommorrow and post a new pic a E-Bay of it B4 the auction ends. In hindsite this was one of the stupidist things I did listing this car with those pics but my kid dropped my camera and they were takin with a freinds and edited on his laptop(flatscreen and turned out looking like doo doo.

Guest BiltWelRestoration

Just an explaination of the straw. I got my kids some baby ducks(huge mistake never do it) and my dogs keep packin the damb hay around and it blows all over the damb place. Kinda looks like farmer freds car restoration and petting zoo around here.