HybridZ

Front $@#&*@# Struts

Keeping soaking it with penetrant (3M, Kriol, etc.) Try drilling a hole in the bottom of the strut tube and soak it from there. Expect to soak it for a week or two.

Then, using a big pin punch, try punching the shock out of the strut from the bottom through the hole you drilled. An Air Hammer with a long pin also works miracles.

If that doesn't work, heat the strut tube with a torch and then try punching it out from the bottom.

And, if all of that fails, you can bring it to my shop and I promise I'll get them out!

Dan

The last time I had to deal with this I soaked the whole assembly in a tall 7-gallon plastic pail filled with Muratic acid and tap water for the afternoon. Makes a great soup !

If the Cartridge has bad corrosion...it should bubble and boil it right the hell out. It worked killer for me.

Just remember to handle it with rubber gloves and safety glasses and then wash it REAL good a few times with a strong soap to neutralize the acid.

Hope this helps........don't forget to use a Rose Bud torch to aid just before you pull !

Vinny 8)

Ooooh, Ooooh I know hook it between two trucks and try to yank it apart! :bonk::lmao: Oh wait that's already been tried, sorry Mat. :-D Obscure thread reference here.

Haha! I still chuckle thinking about that. :twak::mrgreen: I lost those pictures from that thread when I got a new computer.

!M!

• Administrators
Then, using a big pin punch, try punching the shock out of the strut from the bottom through the hole you drilled. An Air Hammer with a long pin also works miracles.

:iagree::2thumbs:

Ok, all is right in the world again.

Air hammer is the key BTW.

Come on, Dan....Man Up dude!

Thanks again for your help Tim :icon56::twak: