HybridZ

Wiring Questions

ihatejoefitz

12V is where it goes. I used the injector power source on my relay box as the source for the 12V power.

The Vref source on the relay box is also a good point for the 5V source for the sensor.

Using the relay box, I was able to use the resistor leads for the pullup resistors from the aforementioned voltage sources without any problems at all.

Basically what you do is connect the B/W wire to the 12V source, and from that same 12V source, you attach the pullup resistor, and connect it to the TACH terminal, as well as connecting the G/B wire to the same TACH terminal. Mine used the first lug on the injector source power terminal block, B/W wire to the distributor and one leg of the 1000ohm resistor attached there, the other leg of the 1000ohm pullup resistor and the G/B wire attached to the TACH terminal on the relay board green terminal strip. The resistor was juuuuuust long enough. Were I to do it again, I would solder conventional wire to the ends of a resistor ,and then stick the WIRE into the terminal lugs, as the little resistor lead tended to fall out until I folded it over to give the terminal something to bite onto.

Similarly, you have a 5V Vref terminal on the relay box green terminal strip and that 1000 ohm resistor makes a nice jumper from there over to the FIDLE pin on the same terminal strip. I may have photos of that on the cardomain site. That FIDLE terminal also gets a wire that goes to the "G" terminal on the HEI module.

Hope you followed that!