HybridZ

Couple of simple questions....

FEnatic

Tried the search, just want to know how much I can take off of a N47 head without worrying about shimming? I was thinking no more than .010. Also, what is the color of the stock engine block? Is there a commercially available spray? Last, What is your ideas on Cam spray bars, good or not required? Thanks

No idea on the stock block color.. As for the head.. I think you could probly take .015-.020 off and not have to worry about shiming the cam towers, although if you're gona run a bgiger (than stock) cam, you'll have to do the math and get the right lash pads.. Bant valves suck. :x

On the spray bar; there was a post I made a while back about this.. I guess it just depends on who you talk to about it, some say use it, some say not. Personaly, I'm running one and have had no problems. From what I understand, it's not a problem till you start neglecting oil changes, and then it can possibly get cloged, wich could cause a few problems with lubrication in the top end..