HybridZ

Fiberglass starnd added to Bondo Auto body filler

Can Bondo fiberglass strand auto filler be used as an body panel adhesive?????....I did some surfing and found out Bondo Inc. is now the parent company for both Dyna- Glass and Mar-Glass fiberglass strand auto body filler... And there are two types of brand name Bondo fiberglass strand filler..i.e. long hair and short hair in addition to the Mar Glass and Dyna-Glass brand of products still being offered.. Rory Bateman recomends Mar-Glass as an adhesive for bonding the fiberglass Tomahawk kit body to the Datsun steel body and I have seen Dyna-Glass recomended for the same type of purposes. I used a Permalite Plastic marine product called "Sea Goin Putty" @ $200.00 for an adhesive that Stable Auto Works (250 GTO)..Since I am broke. and on a limited budget.... I am considering buying a gallon of the long fiberglass strand Bondo and using it to bond fiberglass door skins to the Z................................................................................................ any comments on Bondo...you suppose Bondo fiberglass stand filler is nothing more than Mar-Glass and Dyna-Glass with the label changed??? http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/larryjohnson97438/album?.dir=/392a

I have not used the products you listed but I had no cracking problem with using the fiberglass mat and resin to bond fiberglass parts to metal. I would suggest you to use the Mar-glass to glue the parts on and then use the Mat and resin to overlap all the joints if possible. Good luck

I sent an e-mail to Bondo about their products... tomorrow I will call them....@ $20.00 a gallon the Mar Glass will go far and Vinh's suggestion with fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth as a finish touch is very practical.............................. called Bondo Corp...... seems if you do not have an extension number... you do not get thru... their directory function does not provide extension #'s ...........According to a Bondo corporate email to me...all Bondo products including Mar-Glass can be found or ordered from : HOME DEPOT, LOWES or ACE HARDWARE http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/larryjohnson97438/album?.dir=/392a