HybridZ

McLeod Bellhousing...

Mikelly

So after more than a month after finding out the "OTHER" bellhousing (made by Lakewood) wouldn't work with the TKO600 Tremec, I had returned it to the guys who bought it for me (replacement for the one I gave them for JIm's car) this unit finally comes in... very nice Unit. Comes with its own locator ring, so do dial caliper to make sure it is correct in the plane of the crankshaft/ input shaft alignment. It also appears that the McLeod unit comes well made and with very good hardware. However, I'm gonna have to remove at minimum 1/8th inch of the surface OFF the flywheel, per the instructions from McLeod. Clearance issues between the bellhousing and the clutch assembly I guess. Bottom line is it needs to have some weight taken off due to the thickness... nice... One other side note... the McLeod unit is setup so you can use it with a cable clutch system or a hydraulic system. Kinda cool, and it seems lighter than the other unit.. That Lakewood was a pig. Although not aluminum by any means, the McLeod unit isn't what I would call heavy.

I'll snap pics over the weekend... Gotta pull the motor BACK OUT of the Z and start doing fitment tests, and send the flywheel out for machinging. :roll:

Mike :cool: