HybridZ

Bloody chain saw didn't keep man out of U.S.

Heavy Z

Holy F***!! The last time I came across the border, I was asked for my license. After I got it back and we were on ourway I had realized that I gave the guy my wife's license. Dude looked right at it and didn't notice that I was not 5'5 130 lb!!

and the whole picture, and female thing?

Saw this one. I feel bad for the families of the deceased - seems though that the guy wasn't wanted for anything, and was even detained for some time while the Border Patrol tried to find any way to keep him out -

Associated Press report 06/07/05:

"At a time when the United States is tightening its borders, how could a man toting what appeared to be a bloody chain saw be allowed into the country?

Bill Anthony, a spokesman for U.S. Customs and Border Protection, said the Canada-born Despres could not be detained because he is a naturalized U.S. citizen and was not wanted on any criminal charges on the day in question.

Anthony said Despres was questioned for two hours before he was released. During that time, he said, customs agents employed "every conceivable method" to check for warrants or see if Despres had broken any laws in trying to re-enter the country.

"Nobody asked us to detain him," Anthony said. "Being bizarre is not a reason to keep somebody out of this country or lock them up. ... We are governed by laws and regulations, and he did not violate any regulations."

Anthony conceded it "sounds stupid" that a man wielding what appeared to be a bloody chain saw could not be detained. But he added: "Our people don't have a crime lab up there. They can't look at a chain saw and decide if it's blood or rust or red paint."