HybridZ

200-4R availability

MONGO510

Hi fella's, I just purchased a 260Z with the intention of installing a SBC. I have been reading thru the forums and can't seem to find the info I need.

What I need to know is this: other than the buick GN, what did the 200-4R come in? Is it the same as a 4L60E?

Thanks for the help. This is really a great site.

John D.

Guest JAMIE T

200R4's also came in mid 80's Monte Carlo SS' and Oldsmobile H/O's and 442's of the same era. Maybe some others, but they are the ones I know of.

As I understand it, the 2004r is a sweet trans when built right. good ratio spread, small size, etc, but a factory stock trans is not the best bet if your making much torque. I'd recommend you look at TCI or the other aftermarket trans builders.

LOL Tim 240 Z .....there is one 200 4R avaialable in your garage collecting dust going on three years now. Now that is terrible.... I am so broke.. I am collectting scrap metal to pay for lost parts on the the GTO project....Up and until now I have not spent any money except to replace 2 coilovers off eBay and they were cheap.. I got a plan to get down there and meet you this summer while the wife is away..I got a black gas can and a good length of clear hose. Try to go high tech and get an attachable hand pump for the clear hose.. Had some bad experiences swallowing that stuff in my youth.

Tim 240 Z.......I got a feeling that tranny is A-ok and I am usually more clever when I am broke anyway. I do not seem to waste my money when I am broke !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really want to come down and meet you. I am in a good mood ..I found 3 out of 4 of the tailights for the GTO project today and have the wiring pig tail for the fourth plus found a new in the package bimetal sawzall blade yesterday at the bottom of a bucket .....LOL....but what is really driving me nuts is a really good $200.00 78 Z car in Springfield and that SBC/700R4 combo in Portland Oregon for $350.00. Wife was not here... I would have them both !!!!!