HybridZ

Twin Turbo ?

VG33TT

I plan on making A custom turbo manifold thay will be on the left side
Are you plumbing them one per bank, or common? Obviously you can run a single big external wastegate if the exhaust is joined before the turbos, otherwise you will need separate wastegates.

• 4 weeks later...

not to kill the idea or anything but these days with current turbo technology a twin turbo setup isn't very beneficial over a single setup. actually, its more expensive since you have to buy nearly two of everything and have a lot more plumbing.

personally, i would. if you go twin turbo you'll need two wastegates and depending on how you do the intake setup two bov's and two aftercoolers. due to the intake design you'd probably be able to get an aftercooler with dual inlets and a single outlet and run one blow off valve. i still believe it would be more cost effective to just run a single.

does the VG30ET manifolds bolt to the VG33E? if so, i'd just slap those on and put on a good T3 style turbo. if you have the money i'd get a GT30R or GT35R. the manifolds themselves will easily flow enough for 400 whp. they can probably flow even more when ported a bit.

I have the vg30et manifolds, thay do bolt to the vg33. The problem is the turbo interfers with the steering shaft. I plan on making custom a manifold Its the only way to get around this problem.I have a large intercooler with 3in inlet and out let and some 3in piping.

79 280zx with vg33 resting in engine bay.

i'm dropping a VH45DE into my Z and my plan for the manifolds was to run them forward of the engine, then have them meet to a turbo flange. you could probably do something similar since you'll have even more room in front of the engine than me.