HybridZ

got the new MSA ver. 3 front bumper

2003z

and the optional grill is installed 90 degrees out of what they have in the picture. Its that cheap bbq grill material that is diamond shaped, and the diamonds are oriented up and down instead of across.

if you are considering the piece, don't get the $30 add-on grill.

thanks. How many posts do I need until I can include attachments?

The grill is attached via big 'staples' secured with bondo, so I have to do a little work to remove it. I got some similar grill material to cover the upper grill with at home depot yesterday, but its not wide enough to orient the same way. I guess I will be taking the one it came with off and redoing it.

How many posts do I need until I can include attachments?

Wow, I'm a moderator and I can't answer that question--I forgot what the admins had decided. Keep some photos handy or you can email a few to me or a friend in the forum you know and have them post them on the site for you. Just a thought.

The grill is attached via big 'staples' secured with bondo, so I have to do a little work to remove it. I got some similar grill material to cover the upper grill with at home depot yesterday, but its not wide enough to orient the same way. I guess I will be taking the one it came with off and redoing it.

Crud. I thought it came as a separate piece, but it looks like you are out of luck possibly. I will take your advice if I go that route!!!!

Davy

I like that alot better then the last version my only gripe is the area above the grill opening that simulates the original bumper I think it is too bulky or tall. If that airdam looked like it did but had a more stock looking simulated bumper I think it would look much better IMO. Still love the car seth(what happened to the end pieces of the spoiler?)

Guest 73Turbo240z

i have a question, does this overlay the stock bumper? or does it replace it entirely? cause i was wanting to run this front end, but i have no front bumper anymore, just the supports where it bolted too...

anyone care to clear up how it's secured to the body?

73Turbo240z - The bumper could be easily mounted with nothing behind... Just by bolting it to the headlight buckets and making a bracket to the middle...but that made me feel some what nervous, knowing the drivers here in Manitoba :S... So I cut the ends off the factory 260 bumper (just after the vertical parts on either side, if that makes sense), then drained the oil out of the shocks to bring it in close to the body. I know I know but I figure it may save some of my front end in a small fender bender... I would guess that a stock 240 bumper would fit behind no problem... but that is what i figure from the pictures...

Just one other thing about this bumper... It is great looking but the quality is... OK, not great, but OK... We had to reinforce a few areas because they were already starting to crack. This is before it was even fitted...

ToplessZ - You are right that is the center of a 3-pice... but the 2 ends didn't line up at all. So we rounded off the ends and that is what you see. I didn't like it at first but it makes the rear of the car more aggressive with out the sides.

Sparky - Thanks soo much, I actually just got it home from the body shop yesterday, but I am taking a week of vacation time to get as much done as I can next week... I would love to see it driving by the end of the month... but as long as it is by the end of next i will be very happy.

I did mine 90deg off from yours 2003z. But the material looks to be the same...
thats the problem. They put the grill on, and it looks stupid like it is, plus, it won't match the way my upper grill is.